Hotel Jagua, Time Line
- October 10, 1956. The corporation with the name of "Development and Tourism Cienfuegos, SA" acquires the Palacio de Valle and its vast gardens and fenced yards.
- 1956. Begins construction of the hotel with the foundation work.
- 1957. Accelerated implementation by the active participation of the main shareholders.
- December 28, 1959. Inauguration of the Hotel Jagua.
- 1993. Enlargement of the area surrounding the pool to the coast, including Calle 35.
- August 1994. It integrates the Gran Caribe hotel group.
- 1996. Hurricane Lily considerably affected the Hotel.
- January 1, 1999. The hotel began his administration shared with the French hotel group Accor and was renamed Mercure Coralia Jagua.
- June 30, 2000. Break the shared management agreement with Accor and the rest of the investment is undertaken by the Gran Caribe.
- October 2000. Begins the second stage of construction.
- September 5, 2002. Concludes the second stage of construction.
- 2007. The Jagua Hotel received the National Award for Restoration of Monuments.
- December 2007. Celebration of the 4th Summit of Petrocaribe, headed by Raul Castro Ruz.
- December 28, 2009 to December 31, 2009. The Jagua Hotel celebrated its 50 year history and tradition.
Welcome to my site dedicated to the Hotel Jagua in Cienfuegos City. I am "poco a poco" researching and updating it with the aim to provide as complete as possible record of the hotel's ancient and recent history; bearing in mind that the goings-on today may one day be of historical interest.
My site is NOT the official website of the current hotel operator, and is by no means endorsed by them; but I am grateful for their help with the research.
You can make from this site room reservations through the Bizloco eTravel System operated by Cubaism Ltd.
Best wishes for 2017
Nigel Alexander Hunt